BluePower Pro - Victron Forums

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with the Victron community around the world.

• How do I properly shut down my MultiPlus-II 230V?

Posted by Lumin on January 14, 2024 at 7:54 pm
    Up
    Down
    ::

Hi everyone, could someone guide me through the correct procedure for shutting down my MultiPlus-II 230V? I want to make sure I do it safely.

Arannis replied 5 months, 3 weeks ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Arannis

January 15, 2024 at 4:26 am
    Up
    Down
    ::

Certainly! Here’s a step-by-step guide to shutting down your MultiPlus-II 230V safely, in order to avoid any potential hazards:

• Switch Position: Locate the on/off/charger-only switch on the bottom left-right side of the case (if you are facing it). To turn off the unit, position this switch to the middle ‘OFF’ position. This will stop the inverter and charger functions.

• Completely Depowering: To fully de-energize the MultiPlus-II, you need to disconnect it from its DC power source. This can be done by either disconnecting the DC fuse, turning off the isolation switch, or using the DC contactor or circuit breaker. These components are usually found between the battery and the DC terminals of your unit.

• Caution with Residual Voltages: Even after shutting down the MultiPlus-II, be aware that there might still be residual voltages inside the product and at its terminals. These voltages can be dangerous. Use a voltmeter to test the voltages before using metallic screwdrivers or socket wrenches to disconnect anything.

• Avoiding Direct Contact: Never attempt to open the product casing or touch any bare terminals. This is crucial to ensure your safety, as there might be live electrical parts inside.

Following this shutdown procedure ensures that your MultiPlus-II 230V is turned off safely, mitigating any risks associated with residual voltages.