BluePower Pro - Victron Forums

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with the Victron community around the world.

• How does “Search Mode” in the MultiPlus-II 230V work?

Posted by Jerrola on January 16, 2024 at 8:00 am
    Up
    Down
    ::

I’m trying to understand the Search Mode feature in my MultiPlus-II 230V inverter. How does it work to reduce power consumption, especially when there’s no load or very low load? Also, how can I configure the ‘shut down’ and ‘remain on’ settings?

maxalight replied 5 months, 2 weeks ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • maxalight

January 16, 2024 at 11:46 am
    Up
    Down
    ::

The Search Mode in your MultiPlus-II 230V is an innovative feature designed to drastically reduce power consumption when there’s no or very low load. Here’s how it works: when Search Mode is activated, and the inverter operates in this mode, it essentially ‘searches’ for a load. If there’s no load or the load is very low (below a set threshold), the inverter temporarily switches off.

This can reduce power consumption by up to 70% in no-load situations – a significant efficiency gain!

Every two seconds, the inverter briefly switches on to check if there’s a load. If the load has increased and exceeds a predefined level, the inverter will continue to operate normally. If the load remains below this level, the inverter will switch off again. It’s a smart way to ensure the inverter isn’t using more power than necessary.

Regarding configuration, you can set the ‘shut down’ and ‘remain on’ load levels using the VEConfigure software.

The standard settings are:

• Shutdown at 40 watts (linear load)

• Turn on at 100 watts (linear load).

These settings are adjustable, allowing you to customize the inverter’s sensitivity to the connected load. This feature is particularly useful in situations where power consumption varies significantly, ensuring your inverter is only running when necessary, thereby saving energy and reducing wear.