BluePower Pro - Victron Forums

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with the Victron community around the world.

• How should I go about connecting the AC cabling to my MultiPlus-II 230V?

Posted by LoreLass on January 15, 2024 at 4:39 am
    Up
    Down
    ::

I’m about to connect the AC cabling to my MultiPlus-II 230V and want to be certain I’m doing it in compliance with safety standards. Can you give me detailed instructions?

popo replied 5 months, 2 weeks ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • popo

January 15, 2024 at 5:22 am
    Up
    Down
    ::

Connecting the AC cabling to your MultiPlus-II 230V involves several safety considerations to ensure proper operation and to prevent hazards.

Safety Classification:

• Your MultiPlus-II 230V is a safety class I product, which means it must have an uninterruptible grounding point. This is crucial for safety purposes.

Ground Relay Operation:

• The product includes a ground relay (relay H) that automatically connects the Neutral output to the chassis when no external AC supply is available.

• When an external AC supply is provided, this relay will open before the input safety relay closes, ensuring earth leakage circuit breakers function correctly.

Fixed Installation Grounding:

• In a fixed installation, the uninterruptible grounding can be assured via the grounding wire of the AC input cable.

Mobile Installation Grounding:

• In mobile installations, such as with a shore power connection, the grounding will disconnect when the shore connection does.

• In these cases, ensure the casing is connected to the chassis (of the vehicle) or to the hull or grounding plate (of the boat).

Preventing Galvanic Corrosion:

• Specifically for boats, avoid direct connection to the shore ground due to the risk of galvanic corrosion. Use an isolation transformer to mitigate this risk.

Torque Specifications: When securing connections, apply the correct torque to the bolts:

• M4 bolts: 1 Nm

• M5 bolts: 3 Nm

• M6 bolts: 5.5 Nm

• M8 bolts: 12 Nm

Limit on Aggregation:

• The unit has fixed trip limits and should not be aggregated above 30kW on a single point of common connection.

Locating AC Terminal Blocks:

• The AC terminal blocks are located on the printed circuit board within the unit. Refer to Appendix A for the exact location and connection overview.