BluePower Pro - Victron Forums

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with the Victron community around the world.

• How to fix the Low Battery Alarm for MultiPlus-II 230V

Posted by Farron on January 14, 2024 at 5:34 pm
    Up
    Down
    ::

My MultiPlus-II 230V just shut down, and the ‘low battery’ LED is blinking. I’m pretty sure it means the battery voltage is too low, but how do I fix this?

Tirlant replied 5 months, 3 weeks ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Tirlant

January 14, 2024 at 6:39 pm
    Up
    Down
    ::

Indeed, a blinking ‘low battery’ LED on your MultiPlus-II 230V signals that the system has shut down to prevent your batteries from being completely depleted.

Here’s a step-by-step on getting things back on track:

• First, stop all power usage from the inverter to prevent further battery drain.

• Check if the batteries have enough water (if they’re lead-acid type and not sealed) and refill with distilled water if needed.

• Recharge the batteries as soon as possible. If you’re using a generator or shore power, connect and start charging. For solar setups, make sure the solar panels are unobstructed and that the charge controllers are working properly.

• Once the batteries are back to an acceptable voltage, the inverter should reset and allow you to turn it back on. If it doesn’t, you may need to manually restart the system.

• Going forward, consider configuring any low-voltage cutoff settings to a higher voltage to give yourself a bit more buffer and protect your battery life.

• Regularly monitor your battery health and charging patterns to prevent future low-voltage occurrences. It’s also a good idea to keep an eye on the system’s energy consumption and battery levels, so you don’t get caught off guard.

If these steps don’t resolve the issue, the batteries might be beyond their service life or there could be an issue with the charging system that requires professional attention.