BluePower Pro - Victron Forums

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with the Victron community around the world.

• Split-Phase System Using the MultiPlus-II 230V with a Separate Autotransformer?

Posted by Grippe on January 16, 2024 at 7:45 am
    Up
    Down
    ::

I’m interested in setting up a split-phase power system using my MultiPlus-II 230V. I understand that I might need a separate autotransformer for this. Could you guide me on how to achieve this setup?

Lumin replied 5 months, 2 weeks ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Lumin

January 16, 2024 at 11:43 am
    Up
    Down
    ::

Yes, you can create a split-phase system using the MultiPlus-II 230V along with a separate autotransformer.

This setup is particularly useful if you need to split a single-phase power source into two separate phases, commonly used in North American residential power systems.

You’ll need to connect the MultiPlus-II to an autotransformer, which you can find detailed guidance for on the Victron Energy Autotransformer product page.

The autotransformer effectively splits the single-phase output of the MultiPlus-II, allowing you to power devices that require a split-phase supply.

Remember, configuring a split-phase system can be complex, so it’s advisable to seek help from a professional or refer to detailed instructions provided by Victron Energy.