BluePower Pro - Victron Forums

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with the Victron community around the world.

• What does a blinking ‘temperature’ LED indicate on my MultiPlus-II 230V?

Posted by maleous on January 14, 2024 at 5:35 pm
    Up
    Down
    ::

Hi all, I’ve got a blinking ‘temperature’ LED on my MultiPlus-II 230V, and I think it’s trying to tell me something about the internal temperature. Should I be worried and what steps should I take?

LoreLass replied 5 months, 3 weeks ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • LoreLass

January 14, 2024 at 6:38 pm
    Up
    Down
    ::

You’re correct to take notice of the blinking ‘temperature’ LED. It’s an early warning that the internal temperature of your MultiPlus-II 230V is getting high. It’s not an immediate emergency, but it’s definitely something to address promptly. Here’s what to do:

• Check the ventilation around your MultiPlus-II. Ensure it’s not blocked and there’s good airflow.

• If the unit is in a closed space, try to improve the air circulation, maybe with a fan or by opening a door.

• Check the ambient temperature. If it’s unusually high, it could be contributing to the issue with external fans and airflow.

• Reduce the load on the inverter if possible, as heavy usage can increase the internal temperature.

• If the inverter is in direct sunlight or near a heat source, try to move it or shield it from the heat.

• Give the system some time to cool down. You may want to turn it off for a bit to help it along if it’s safe to do so.

• Regularly clean any dust or debris from the inverter’s cooling vents, as this can impede heat dissipation.

In other words, a blinking ‘temperature’ light is a sign to take proactive measures to cool down your system. These steps should help prevent the alarm from escalating to a shutdown due to overheating. If the problem persists, it might be worth getting the unit checked for internal issues or considering if it’s in the right environment for optimal operation.