BluePower Pro - Victron Forums

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with the Victron community around the world.

• What is the AES (Automatic Economy Switch) Feature on the MultiPlus-II 230V?

Posted by maxalight on January 16, 2024 at 7:59 am
    Up
    Down
    ::

I came across the AES (Automatic Economy Switch) feature in my MultiPlus-II 230V’s manual and I’m curious about how it works. Specifically, I want to understand how it reduces power consumption and in what scenarios it’s most effective.

Jerrola replied 5 months, 2 weeks ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Jerrola

January 16, 2024 at 11:45 am
    Up
    Down
    ::

The AES, or Automatic Economy Switch, is a clever feature in your MultiPlus-II 230V designed to enhance energy efficiency, especially in stand-alone configurations. When this setting is activated, it reduces the power consumption by about 20% during no-load or low-load conditions.

It achieves this by slightly ‘narrowing’ the sinusoidal voltage.

This subtle change in the voltage waveform is usually sufficient to maintain the operation of connected devices while consuming less power. It’s particularly effective when your power demand is low, such as during nighttime or when your facility or home isn’t using much electricity.

The AES feature ensures that your inverter isn’t using more power than necessary, which can be a significant advantage for energy conservation and reducing operational costs. Remember, this feature is only applicable in stand-alone configurations, not when the inverter is set up in parallel or in a 3-phase system.